Tuesday 4 September 2012

MSM Dessert Cafe


Hello sweetlings, your dessert fairy has returned again with some wonderful food to share: and this time it's from that exciting Asian dessert cafe: MSM


With many convenient branches all across Sydney, I have stumbled upon the one on Bathurst st in the CBD. After taking forever at the counter to decide what to order between my friend and I, the verdict was:

Chocolate Waffle
Blended Ice Tea
Berries Bombonfire



You might ask me: What's the big deal about this cafe that differs from all of the other ones?
Well, the fixtures inside delivers a pretty good vibe, and if you're into K-Pop, this place is always playing the latest hits, and MSM also serves as a novelty store for adorable Asian stationary shop, similar to Morning Glory.

Now let's get to the food.
With quite a few options to choose from, I decided that an order of chocolate waffles is a staple item and though I have heard many wonderful things about their Green Tea Latte, it's really not my cup of tea.

The chocolate waffles were okay, if it were on a scale of freshness from 0 to 10, it deserves a 7, but on a flavour scale from 0 to 10, it'll only get a 5 from me because I couldn't tell the difference from their waffles and the homemade kind. However the vanilla ice cream is worth mentioning because it was mixed with cinnamon dusts. I'm sure most of foodies will agree with me when I say, it's the little extras that counts.

For a cafe that's know for their beverages, again, their drinks only gave me an impression of 5 out of 10. The Berries Bombonfire was just an ordinary berry frappe, and the Blended Ice Tea tasted like a Green Tea Latte on ice. With all the hype and word-of-mount, it didn't exceed my expectation, nor did it meet my expectations.

Stay tuned, my loves, perhaps when I come back from Guylian Cafe on Darling Harbour, will I have something nice to report back to you.


Xxxo.

- C

No comments:

Post a Comment