Monday 3 September 2012

Adriano Zumbo

Recently, I have been to Adriano Zumbo Patissier in Balmain. There is one of my favorite dessert shops in Sydney. Every time I go, there is always surprise waiting for me.

 If you watch Master Chef, I believe you would know who Adriano Zumbo is. He is one of the famous aussie pastry chef. I remembered when I first saw him; he was carrying a huge macaroon hill towards the contestants in Master Chef. Those macaroons look so very yummy and colorful. I can not stop thinking of it for the whole night. So I decided to find his shop and went there the next day.

The shop locates in the main street of Balmain. It is a small shop but easy to find. There are so many varieties of cakes and macarons to choose from. You may not see all  the flavours at the same time, because there are always different varieties available in different time. So this is the surprise and I never feel bored when I go there.

 Today, I tried a cake called “Happy Birthday”. This is one of the new flavours for this year. This cake is an ultimate chocolate brownie with flourless chocolate biscuit, chocolate sabayon mousse, white chocolate and passionfruit glaze. The balance of sweet and sour is just at the right balance It is so gorgeous and absolutely delicious. You are going to love it. The price may be a little expensive for some people, but worth to try.

Another famous sweet of this shop is macarons and they are my favorite. There is no excuse not getting any to try. I bought 6 flavours this time, which are blackened vanilla, salted butter popcorn, peach ice tea etc(can't remember them all). As you can see the picture on the left hand side, they are colourful and taste so wonderful. The sweetness of each macaron is just at the right balance. Love it!!! Also, if you love fruit flavour, you should try watermelon macaroon. It is so yummy!!! Also, just tell you the secret, those fruit flavour macarons are only available in certain time. So let’s go next time and test your luck! You may be the lucky one!!!

If you want to know more about the shop and deserts, here is the website: http://adrianozumbo.com/
Although Father's Day was yesterday, if you forgot about it! Don't worry, Go and grab some cakes or macarons to spoil your dad today!!

No comments:

Post a Comment